Thursday 26 September 2013

Chile

Hello

Today I'm going to talk about of the Chilean context but more specifically of the Chilean festivity context.
I think that Chile is a country with a great rich, because is a land very variety in every senses since the geography until the people. I had always thought that the us makes Chileans is more that live in the territory of Chile, is feel part of this culture, of this people, of this history although be far away. Of this manner be Chileans is recognize our past, our ancestor and learn of them and keep the traditions, and love the nature and people of Chile.
In the last “National Holiday” the people celebrate a lot of days, and were very happy. And I think that the customs more deeply rooted in the people is related with food and drink, and whit the games. In the food and drink area the customs are eat typical food like “empanada”, “anticucho”, etc., and  drink very “chicha”, “earthquake” and wine. Related to the games the children raise kites and the adults makes very games where them wager, for example the horse race and too the rodeo.

But I’m not identifying with this element of the Chilean culture, I identify more with other elements that too are part of our culture but are considerate like different, marginal. These are the elements of culture Mapuche, Aymara, Rapa Nui, Selknam and very much. And I feel that the traditions, games, rituals, foods, drinks, etc., of this “other” cultures will should celebrate and recognize with part of the Chilean culture but every make Chile.

Bye :)


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Doris! the native cultures are very important

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel very honored when i see that the universe has commented my blog! So you deserve a lot of kisses, (she deserves it, she deserves it !)

    ReplyDelete